Booking agents are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, booking agents rate their career happiness 2.9 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 27% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy booking agents are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Real estate agent||3.0||$49k|
|Public relations specialist||3.0||$61k|
|Market research analyst||2.9||$63k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are booking agents happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do booking agents find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as booking agents?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are booking agent’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are booking agents making the best use of their abilities?