Car salesmen are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, car salesmen rate their career happiness 2.4 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 3% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy car salesmen are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Advertising sales agent||2.7||$52k|
|Insurance sales agent||2.3||$43k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are car salesmen happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do car salesmen find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as car salesmen?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are car salesman’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are car salesmen making the best use of their abilities?