Clinical nurse specialists are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, clinical nurse specialists rate their career happiness 2.8 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 15% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy clinical nurse specialists are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Licensed practical nurse||2.8||$45k|
|Clinical nurse specialist||2.8||$73k|
|Healthcare social worker||2.8||$57k|
|Speech language pathologist||2.7||$82k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are clinical nurse specialists happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do clinical nurse specialists find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as clinical nurse specialists?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are clinical nurse specialist’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are clinical nurse specialists making the best use of their abilities?