Cost estimators are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, cost estimators rate their career happiness 2.7 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 10% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy cost estimators are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Securities and commodities broker||2.7||$64k|
|Advertising sales agent||2.7||$52k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are cost estimators happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do cost estimators find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as cost estimators?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are cost estimator’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are cost estimators making the best use of their abilities?
Are cost estimators happy with their salary?
Get access to our full career encyclopedia
Get the full picture of what it's like to be a cost estimator. Learn more about their work environment, how happy they are on the job, and their unique personality with CareerExplorer Premium.