Customer success managers are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, customer success managers rate their career happiness 2.9 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 26% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy customer success managers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Operations research analyst||2.9||$85k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are customer success managers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do customer success managers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as customer success managers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are customer success manager’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are customer success managers making the best use of their abilities?