Diagnostic medical sonographers are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, diagnostic medical sonographers rate their career happiness 3.0 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 30% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy diagnostic medical sonographers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Health services manager||3.0||$100k|
|Occupational therapist assistant||3.0||$60k|
|Diagnostic medical sonographer||3.0||$73k|
|Hearing aid specialist||2.9||$53k|
|Medical appliance technician||2.9||$39k|
|Medical and clinical laboratory technician||2.9||$31k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are diagnostic medical sonographers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do diagnostic medical sonographers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as diagnostic medical sonographers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are diagnostic medical sonographer’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are diagnostic medical sonographers making the best use of their abilities?
Are diagnostic medical sonographers happy with their salary?
Get access to our full career encyclopedia
Get the full picture of what it's like to be a diagnostic medical sonographer. Learn more about their work environment, how happy they are on the job, and their unique personality with CareerExplorer Premium.