Family social workers are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, family social workers rate their career happiness 2.8 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 17% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy family social workers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Highway maintenance worker||2.8||$41k|
|Family social worker||2.8||$42k|
|Medical administrative assistant||2.8||$27k|
|Healthcare social worker||2.8||$57k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are family social workers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do family social workers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as family social workers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are family social worker’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are family social workers making the best use of their abilities?