Funeral directors are about average in terms of happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, funeral directors rate their career happiness 3.2 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 49% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy funeral directors are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Painting, coating & decorating worker||3.2||$29k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are funeral directors happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do funeral directors find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as funeral directors?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are funeral director’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are funeral directors making the best use of their abilities?
Are funeral directors happy with their salary?
Get access to our full career encyclopedia
Get the full picture of what it's like to be a funeral director. Learn more about their work environment, how happy they are on the job, and their unique personality with CareerExplorer Premium.