Hairdressers are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, hairdressers rate their career happiness 3.1 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 39% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy hairdressers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are hairdressers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do hairdressers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as hairdressers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are hairdresser’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are hairdressers making the best use of their abilities?