Medical appliance technicians are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, medical appliance technicians rate their career happiness 2.9 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 28% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy medical appliance technicians are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Diagnostic medical sonographer||3.0||$74k|
|Hearing aid specialist||2.9||$53k|
|Medical appliance technician||2.9||$41k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are medical appliance technicians happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do medical appliance technicians find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as medical appliance technicians?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are medical appliance technician’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are medical appliance technicians making the best use of their abilities?