Medical billing & coding technicians are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, medical billing & coding technicians rate their career happiness 2.7 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 14% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy medical billing & coding technicians are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Medical administrative assistant||2.8||$27k|
|Clinical nurse specialist||2.8||$73k|
|Healthcare social worker||2.8||$57k|
|Speech language pathologist||2.7||$82k|
|Nuclear medicine technologist||2.7||$78k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are medical billing & coding technicians happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do medical billing & coding technicians find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as medical billing & coding technicians?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are medical billing & coding technician’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are medical billing & coding technicians making the best use of their abilities?