Medical records technicians are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, medical records technicians rate their career happiness 2.7 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 14% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy medical records technicians are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Clinical nurse specialist||2.8||$73k|
|Healthcare social worker||2.8||$57k|
|Speech language pathologist||2.7||$82k|
|Nuclear medicine technologist||2.7||$78k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are medical records technicians happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do medical records technicians find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as medical records technicians?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are medical records technician’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are medical records technicians making the best use of their abilities?