Merchandisers are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, merchandisers rate their career happiness 2.9 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 21% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy merchandisers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Market research analyst||2.9||$63k|
|Pharmaceutical sales representative||2.8||$82k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are merchandisers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do merchandisers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as merchandisers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are merchandiser’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are merchandisers making the best use of their abilities?