Metal workers are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, metal workers rate their career happiness 2.5 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 4% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy metal workers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Tool and die maker||2.7||$54k|
|Mining machine operator||2.7||$55k|
|Fork lift operator||2.5||$35k|
|Petroleum pump system operator||2.3||$74k|
|Drill press operator||2.3||$39k|
|Molding and casting worker||2.3||$34k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are metal workers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do metal workers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as metal workers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are metal worker’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are metal workers making the best use of their abilities?