News reporters are about average in terms of happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, news reporters rate their career happiness 3.2 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 48% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy news reporters are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Motion picture projectionist||3.3||$25k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are news reporters happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do news reporters find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as news reporters?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are news reporter’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are news reporters making the best use of their abilities?