Nurse practitioners are about average in terms of happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, nurse practitioners rate their career happiness 3.1 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 43% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy nurse practitioners are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Community health worker||3.2||$40k|
|Physical therapist assistant||3.2||$58k|
|Magnetic resonance imaging technologist||3.1||$72k|
|Informatics nurse specialist||3.1||$89k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are nurse practitioners happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do nurse practitioners find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as nurse practitioners?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are nurse practitioner’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are nurse practitioners making the best use of their abilities?
Are nurse practitioners happy with their salary?
Get access to our full career encyclopedia
Get the full picture of what it's like to be a nurse practitioner. Learn more about their work environment, how happy they are on the job, and their unique personality with CareerExplorer Premium.