Operations managers are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, operations managers rate their career happiness 3.1 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 40% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy operations managers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Human resources manager||3.1||$74k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are operations managers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do operations managers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as operations managers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are operations manager’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are operations managers making the best use of their abilities?