Ophthalmic medical technicians are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, ophthalmic medical technicians rate their career happiness 2.9 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 25% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy ophthalmic medical technicians are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Medical appliance technician||2.9||$41k|
|Ophthalmic medical technician||2.9||$35k|
|Cardiovascular technologist and technician||2.9||$58k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are ophthalmic medical technicians happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do ophthalmic medical technicians find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as ophthalmic medical technicians?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are ophthalmic medical technician’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are ophthalmic medical technicians making the best use of their abilities?