Pharmaceutical sales representatives are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, pharmaceutical sales representatives rate their career happiness 2.8 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 17% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy pharmaceutical sales representatives are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Pharmaceutical sales representative||2.8||$82k|
|Advertising sales agent||2.7||$52k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are pharmaceutical sales representatives happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do pharmaceutical sales representatives find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as pharmaceutical sales representatives?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are pharmaceutical sales representative’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are pharmaceutical sales representatives making the best use of their abilities?