Pharmacy technicians are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, pharmacy technicians rate their career happiness 2.8 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 15% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy pharmacy technicians are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Licensed practical nurse||2.8||$45k|
|Medical administrative assistant||2.8||$27k|
|Clinical nurse specialist||2.8||$73k|
|Healthcare social worker||2.8||$57k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are pharmacy technicians happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do pharmacy technicians find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as pharmacy technicians?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are pharmacy technician’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are pharmacy technicians making the best use of their abilities?