Photographers are one of the happiest careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, photographers rate their career happiness 3.9 out of 5 stars which puts them in the top 12% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy photographers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are photographers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do photographers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as photographers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are photographer’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are photographers making the best use of their abilities?