Pipelayers are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, pipelayers rate their career happiness 2.8 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 18% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy pipelayers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Tile and marble setter||2.8||$43k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are pipelayers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do pipelayers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as pipelayers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are pipelayer’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are pipelayers making the best use of their abilities?