Product managers are about average in terms of happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, product managers rate their career happiness 3.3 out of 5 stars which puts them in the top 44% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy product managers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are product managers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do product managers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as product managers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are product manager’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are product managers making the best use of their abilities?