Psychiatric aides are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, psychiatric aides rate their career happiness 2.9 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 24% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy psychiatric aides are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Ophthalmic medical technician||2.9||$35k|
|Cardiovascular technologist and technician||2.9||$58k|
|Orthotist and prosthetist||2.9||$68k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are psychiatric aides happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do psychiatric aides find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as psychiatric aides?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are psychiatric aide’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are psychiatric aides making the best use of their abilities?