Psychiatrists are one of the happiest careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, psychiatrists rate their career happiness 3.8 out of 5 stars which puts them in the top 17% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy psychiatrists are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are psychiatrists happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do psychiatrists find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as psychiatrists?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are psychiatrist’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are psychiatrists making the best use of their abilities?