Psychologists rate their happiness above average.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, psychologists rate their career happiness 3.5 out of 5 stars which puts them in the top 32% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy psychologists are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are psychologists happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do psychologists find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as psychologists?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are psychologist’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are psychologists making the best use of their abilities?