Roofers are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, roofers rate their career happiness 2.6 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 6% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy roofers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Tile and marble setter||2.8||$42k|
|Drywall and ceiling tile installer||2.6||$44k|
|Fork lift operator||2.5||$33k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are roofers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do roofers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as roofers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are roofer’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are roofers making the best use of their abilities?