Securities and commodities brokers are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, securities and commodities brokers rate their career happiness 2.7 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 11% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy securities and commodities brokers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Bank branch manager||2.8||$105k|
|Securities and commodities broker||2.7||$62k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are securities and commodities brokers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do securities and commodities brokers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as securities and commodities brokers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are securities and commodities broker’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are securities and commodities brokers making the best use of their abilities?