Server administrators are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, server administrators rate their career happiness 3.0 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 31% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy server administrators are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Computer systems analyst||3.0||$79k|
|Software quality assurance engineer||3.0||$90k|
|Search engine marketing specialist||3.0||$43k|
|Information security analyst||2.9||$98k|
|Customer success manager||2.9||$46k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are server administrators happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do server administrators find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as server administrators?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are server administrator’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are server administrators making the best use of their abilities?