Social workers are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, social workers rate their career happiness 2.9 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 23% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy social workers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Highway maintenance worker||2.8||$41k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are social workers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do social workers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as social workers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are social worker’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are social workers making the best use of their abilities?