Stock clerks are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, stock clerks rate their career happiness 2.2 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 1% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy stock clerks are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Postal service clerk||2.3||$44k|
|Customer service representative||2.3||$29k|
|Insurance sales agent||2.3||$43k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are stock clerks happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do stock clerks find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as stock clerks?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are stock clerk’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are stock clerks making the best use of their abilities?