Supply chain managers are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, supply chain managers rate their career happiness 2.8 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 18% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy supply chain managers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Industrial production manager||2.8||$98k|
|Bank branch manager||2.8||$105k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are supply chain managers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do supply chain managers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as supply chain managers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are supply chain manager’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are supply chain managers making the best use of their abilities?