Tax preparers are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, tax preparers rate their career happiness 2.7 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 9% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy tax preparers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are tax preparers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do tax preparers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as tax preparers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are tax preparer’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are tax preparers making the best use of their abilities?