Underwriters are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, underwriters rate their career happiness 2.5 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 5% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy underwriters are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Host and hostess||2.5||$22k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are underwriters happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do underwriters find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as underwriters?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are underwriter’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are underwriters making the best use of their abilities?