Ambulance dispatchers are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, ambulance dispatchers rate their career happiness 2.9 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 27% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy ambulance dispatchers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Medical administrative assistant||2.8||$27k|
|Healthcare social worker||2.8||$57k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are ambulance dispatchers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do ambulance dispatchers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as ambulance dispatchers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are ambulance dispatcher’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are ambulance dispatchers making the best use of their abilities?