Back-End developers rate their happiness above average.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, back-end developers rate their career happiness 3.4 out of 5 stars which puts them in the top 37% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy back-end developers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are back-end developers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do back-end developers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as back-end developers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are back-end developer’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are back-end developers making the best use of their abilities?