Butchers are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, butchers rate their career happiness 2.6 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 6% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy butchers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Host and hostess||2.5||$22k|
|Food preparation worker||2.3||$23k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are butchers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do butchers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as butchers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are butcher’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are butchers making the best use of their abilities?