Cargo and freight agents are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, cargo and freight agents rate their career happiness 2.7 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 9% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy cargo and freight agents are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Cargo and freight agent||2.7||$44k|
|Delivery service driver||2.6||$31k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are cargo and freight agents happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do cargo and freight agents find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as cargo and freight agents?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are cargo and freight agent’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are cargo and freight agents making the best use of their abilities?