Concierges are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, concierges rate their career happiness 2.8 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 19% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy concierges are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Highway maintenance worker||2.8||$41k|
|Family social worker||2.8||$42k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are concierges happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do concierges find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as concierges?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are concierge’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are concierges making the best use of their abilities?