Delivery service drivers are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, delivery service drivers rate their career happiness 2.6 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 9% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy delivery service drivers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Cargo and freight agent||2.7||$44k|
|Delivery service driver||2.6||$31k|
|Hazardous materials removal worker||2.6||$44k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are delivery service drivers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do delivery service drivers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as delivery service drivers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are delivery service driver’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are delivery service drivers making the best use of their abilities?