Dental assistants are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, dental assistants rate their career happiness 3.0 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 32% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy dental assistants are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Mental health counselor||3.1||$36k|
|Health services manager||3.0||$100k|
|Occupational therapist assistant||3.0||$60k|
|Diagnostic medical sonographer||3.0||$73k|
|Hearing aid specialist||2.9||$53k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are dental assistants happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do dental assistants find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as dental assistants?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are dental assistant’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are dental assistants making the best use of their abilities?
Are dental assistants happy with their salary?
Get access to our full career encyclopedia
Get the full picture of what it's like to be a dental assistant. Learn more about their work environment, how happy they are on the job, and their unique personality with CareerExplorer Premium.