Exterminators are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, exterminators rate their career happiness 2.5 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 5% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy exterminators are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Hazardous materials removal worker||2.6||$44k|
|Host and hostess||2.5||$22k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are exterminators happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do exterminators find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as exterminators?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are exterminator’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are exterminators making the best use of their abilities?