Food science technologists are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, food science technologists rate their career happiness 3.1 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 36% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy food science technologists are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Food science technologist||3.1||$69k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are food science technologists happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do food science technologists find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as food science technologists?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are food science technologist’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are food science technologists making the best use of their abilities?