Hearing aid specialists are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, hearing aid specialists rate their career happiness 2.9 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 28% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy hearing aid specialists are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Diagnostic medical sonographer||3.0||$74k|
|Hearing aid specialist||2.9||$53k|
|Occupational health specialist||2.9||$73k|
|Medical appliance technician||2.9||$41k|
|Medical and clinical laboratory technician||2.9||$31k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are hearing aid specialists happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do hearing aid specialists find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as hearing aid specialists?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are hearing aid specialist’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are hearing aid specialists making the best use of their abilities?