Occupational therapist assistants are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, occupational therapist assistants rate their career happiness 3.0 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 33% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy occupational therapist assistants are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Health services manager||3.0||$100k|
|Occupational therapist assistant||3.0||$51k|
|Diagnostic medical sonographer||3.0||$74k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are occupational therapist assistants happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do occupational therapist assistants find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as occupational therapist assistants?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are occupational therapist assistant’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are occupational therapist assistants making the best use of their abilities?