Occupational therapists are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, occupational therapists rate their career happiness 2.9 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 25% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy occupational therapists are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Medical and clinical laboratory technician||2.9||$31k|
|Ophthalmic medical technician||2.9||$32k|
|Diagnostic medical sonographer||2.9||$61k|
|Cardiovascular technologist and technician||2.9||$57k|
|Orthotist and prosthetist||2.9||$69k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are occupational therapists happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do occupational therapists find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as occupational therapists?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are occupational therapist’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are occupational therapists making the best use of their abilities?
Are occupational therapists happy with their salary?
Get access to our full career encyclopedia
Get the full picture of what it's like to be an occupational therapist. Learn more about their work environment, how happy they are on the job, and their unique personality with CareerExplorer Premium.