Office managers are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, office managers rate their career happiness 2.9 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 21% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy office managers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Market research analyst||2.9||$63k|
|Customer success manager||2.9||$46k|
|Real estate appraiser||2.9||$55k|
|Risk management specialist||2.8||$70k|
|Supply chain manager||2.8||$107k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are office managers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do office managers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as office managers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are office manager’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are office managers making the best use of their abilities?