Personal care aides are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, personal care aides rate their career happiness 2.8 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 20% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy personal care aides are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Cardiovascular technologist and technician||2.9||$58k|
|Orthotist and prosthetist||2.9||$68k|
|Licensed practical nurse||2.8||$45k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are personal care aides happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do personal care aides find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as personal care aides?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are personal care aide’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are personal care aides making the best use of their abilities?