Phlebotomists are about average in terms of happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, phlebotomists rate their career happiness 3.3 out of 5 stars which puts them in the top 45% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy phlebotomists are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Community health worker||3.2||$39k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are phlebotomists happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do phlebotomists find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as phlebotomists?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are phlebotomist’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are phlebotomists making the best use of their abilities?