Plumbers are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, plumbers rate their career happiness 2.8 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 18% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy plumbers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Tile and marble setter||2.8||$43k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are plumbers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do plumbers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as plumbers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are plumber’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are plumbers making the best use of their abilities?